Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Going paraben, sulfate, phthlates free...

I have always been an ingredient detective!

I read this amazing comedogenic (acne causing) ingredient book Acne RX wayyyy back in college wayyy before the internet....and it was life changing for me. It truly paved the way to not only clearing my own acneic skin but also as a new career path. In fact, I still research ingredients to this day because of this book. I sort of a research junkie! I'm also this way with food...and working out! 

Recently I started to research the ingredients that honestly I had not really given a second thought too.

Parabens.
Phthalates.
Triclosan.
Quaterium 15.
Triethonolomine (TEA)
Lavender
Tea tree oil

And being that these ingredients can be very harmful .....from cancer causing, to antibiotic resistant, to damaging hormones.....

Sooooo......

I decided to get rid of them all.

Including...soaps, lotions, SPF, makeup, shampoo, conditioners...anything that had the unsafe ingredients!
I started with reading the back of all of my labels on everything that touches me skin.

And....let me also state that I am NOT one care about if something is "natural" or not...because from all of the years of studying ingredients "natural" doesn't necessarily mean better...."natural" doesn't mean it's not going to cause acne!!
Wow it was an undertaking!

Also being aware of ingredients that are acne causing...

And is still a work in progress....
Thankfully most of my products were safe!
Here are some of the new items I have added or replaced in my home.

For so long I have used cetaphil cleanser as my makeup remover...but it has parabens so I switched to
Neutrogena Naturals cleanser and
Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Pore Scrub.I love this cleanser! It removes makeup so easily. And is reasonable priced. It's a bit hard to find in some stores. THE scrub is super gentle. I use it twice a week. 

I have also used Jergens natural glow forever!! But I was Sooo sad to find out it has some of groady ingredients in it! So I have made the switch to Fake Bake Sport Self-Tanning Lotion. And I have to say I am super pleased with the results. I use it just as I did the Jergens...as a daily moisturizer. 


As much as I love to kill germs...I don't want to make my body antibiotic resistant so I switched to this healthier hand sanitizer Babyganics and Everyone Hand Sanitizer Spray

And for bathing...this soap is my favorite! I tired several before finding this amazing body wash...Everyone Soap .


And if you have tired to find a safe lip gloss...lip balm....lip anything look no farther! I am in love with 
Bite Beauty Bb Bite Beauty Lush Lip trio, and Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask.

I have horrible dry hands and was sad to find out that my hand lotion has parabens....working hands...but thrilled beyond belief to find Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream Facial Treatment, 4 Ounce....my hands are thanking me! 

 I have a few more products that I am looking for a replacement for but so far...I am loving my new healthier choices! 

No comments: